Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Trying to promote this tiny town.

Ive been in this location for a year now. We are planning to have a party and perhaps a tournament to generate interest, get people inside.  Its so quiet, maybe Florida was not the place to open my store. No one walks thru this town!  Its like deserted! How can we promote our town if the locals dont utilize its services?

We got various products with 'Florida, New York' written on them. Hats, Shirts, magnets, bookmarks, bags! Argh!

Im at a loss at what to do to generate more foot traffic.  We have a lot of neat products as well as personalized and customized items.  I keep thinking of changing the name, I even toyed with the idea of just closing up shop and sticking to being internet based.

I tried a 'back to school' section. Got backpacks, notebooks, folders, pens, pencils, cases, crayons and all that and nothing. Guess that 1 cent offers from those big box stores was a better deal that I could offer.

I was in the supermarket last night, they had Thanksgiving things out already!  I dont even have Halloween out. Am I behind? Was this something too big I cant handle?

Thoughts?

Ideas?


No comments: