Thursday, July 28, 2011

Left handed store in Downtown Disney

The first time I ever saw a store called Lefty's was in the 90's. It was a small kiosk in the Manhattan Mall. I purchased a book were the spiral was on the right side. I never wrote in it since I thought it was so cool. I still have the notebook.

While visiting Disney last week we found Lefty's by the water next to Little Missmatched. Being the only left handed person in my family I have always been intrigued by these items that are supposed to help us. I do a lot of things right handed but I write lefty. I once had a subscription to a magazine called SouthPaw. What made it different was that the bind was on the right. You didnt read it any differently it just opened it differently. I have one child out of three that is lefty!

At the Lefty's store I picked up a pair of wooden utensils which cost me about $19 for 3 pieces. Everyone thought I was crazy but any item you use you will see they are meant for a right handed person. Everything I do backwards apparently but its nice to see there is a company out there for lefty's.

They had pens that help keep the ink off your hands, scissors, notebooks and more. I personally dont use scissors anymore as they caused pain in my thumb. I either ask someone else to cut things for me, or I use an iSlice by The Pampered Chef, lol.

Dont forget: Lefty's are in their Right minds! lol

No comments: