Friday, April 26, 2013

Telemarketer strikes back!

A few months ago we inadvertently signed up for something that we thought was something else. You know how that happens right?  We were at a convention were multiple things were going on and there was a large table in the hall surrounded by many people filling out these forms. The sign said win a $500 gift certificate to Home Depot! So of course we were like OK, didnt think about it and signed up for it and forgot about it.

A month later we get a call from someone at a place called Blue Green Resorts. She goes on to tell me that we signed up to get information at a convention center, the exact same one as mentioned above. I was like I wouldn't sign up for information on timeshare resorts.  She goes on to give me more details and it all comes back to me. We signed up to win a give certificate to Home Depot not for information on Blue Green Resorts. She of course has no idea what I am talking about but was nice about it and I said we are not interested just remove our number from your list. She agrees and I think thats the last I hear about it.

Just last week I get a call from guess who? Yup Blue Green Resorts, telling me how I signed up at the convention center requesting information. I said no we didnt and the conversation goes back to yes I did, So now Im pissed of course and I say "We didnt sign up for that, it was a gift certificate to Home Depot and I told you people to remove...." I never got to finish that sentence. The man on the other end cuts me off and says 'I am not YOU PEOPLE, I am a consumer just like you and dont appreciate you says YOU PEOPLE, Jesus is my savior and ...' I stopped listening since I was in shock now.  I did hear him say that we were removed from the list yet again and that we should pay attention to what we sign up for.

I said thank you and hung up.  Never have I had someone do that!


No comments: