Friday, April 19, 2013

Moving to another state

Its quite possible now.  The spouse went on a business trip to California, three weeks out there and he loves it.  The place, the people, the weather, the location... he applied for the open position out there.  I suggested it when he first found out but he was a little scared.  After the second week he finally applied for the job.  They said it was his, they still have to create an 'offer' for him to review and accept so we are still up in the air at this point.

Im so nervous about it. Ive never lived anywhere but NY, I lived in North Carolina for like 4 months but thats not really living is it?  While we wait there are so many thing to consider... Ive always wanted to move but to Florida not California.  Everyones got their opinions and thats fine but I hate NY and it just grows more and more every year.  Cant stand the cold, ice or snow.  And yea Florida has hurricanes and California has earthquakes, but dont forget in the past few years we had two hurricanes and a tropical storm that knocked out the tri state area for well over a week!

So much to investigate, so much to review. I am fortunate that I can do my business virtually anywhere in the US so it does not matter where I go. But now I have to learn new rules, sales tax requirements, business requirements, etc. Should I sell everything and start over all new at the new location.  Will we find a place big enough so I can work from home? Should I try a store front at the new location?

So many people move across the country, every one has their own opinion of where we should live. Its hard to listen to everyone.

I pray this is an easy transition.

No comments: