Friday, May 18, 2012

My dealing with an obnoxious sales person.

Im sure we have all dealt with a sales person in one way or another but there are some that are just down right wrong.

The other day a sales rep from a newspaper came in.  Im not rude so I let her give me her 'speech' - so goes on about how shes been doing this for 12 years, the paper has been around for over 20 years, our clients are very happy, yada yada yada!  Then she goes into the 'sale'  6 ads for $59 each time its printed. The newspaper came out once a month and everyone in the area got it - again with more 'how great the paper is' comments.

So Im looking at the paper and I know this paper, its the one I toss in the trash when it arrives. Do I read it? No. Its one of those papers filled with ads and no real articles to read. So I politely say no Im not interested. She asks why. So I said its not my kind of paper and its a little pricy. Not to mention Ive kinda had a bad taste in my mouth with the area newspapers and had no desire to deal with them.  Then she gets hostile - she tells me how everyone is spending to place ads in her paper,  shes not worried cause she can get someone else to put an ad, people line up to get into her paper, her customers rave about the paper and how Im making a horrible decision.  And on and on and on....

Can you believe this?

Dumbfounded I just looked at her and said sorry Im not interested. She finally left and said thank you for your time. I should have kicked her out of my store!  Whats wrong with people?

She managed me make me feel so small, like I wronged her in some way.  Man stand your ground and dont let people get to you.

No comments: