Saturday, February 4, 2012

So I got my drivers license renewal

In NY you pay for 8 year renewal.  The only thing they want from me is an eye test and the money. I heard if you go to the local DMV the money will stay in the county so I always go to the local DMV. Problem is since hurricane Irene closed the government center in Goshen we cant go there.  So where do we go?  Middletown, Port Jervis or Newburgh.. argh!  This stinks as we are so used to waiting 15-20 minutes to get service in Goshen, once we head to the other locations we can expect to wait 2 or 3 times as long.  Not to mention that long drive to locate the other DMV.

I always wondered about renewals as I can understand that need for an eye test.   Perhaps they should start giving people a road test, can you imagine how many people would fail! HAHA!  

Im sure we all agree everyone else is a horrible driver and wondered if they got their drivers licenses out of a cracker jack box!   But I bet if we had to take road tests again we would all fail.  We all become lazy and forget the simple rules of the road and need a refresher course.   Most others that have a license in any field have to take refresher courses all the time.  Driving shouldnt be any different. 

If they required everyone to take a road test before renewal the DMV would generate money and those of us that CANT drive will relearn the things they need to become better drivers! 


What do you think?

No comments: