Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Sales seem dismal

Is it me or is the summer pretty bad for sales. Ok I know everyone is on vacation or just staying home in the air conditioning they dont want to come out. My online sales are up and I guess that makes sense.

Marketing strategies?  Forget the newspaper Im trying SnapRetail.com. I just registered today and already set up a few various promotions. Its free for the first month so I am trying it out to see how it goes.

The program sends out promotions based on the current sale.  So one of the promotions start on Tuesday and ends on Friday. An email blast goes out promoting the sale. The customer would make their purchase and the items are sent to my store. It gives the client an opportunity to check out the store when they pick up their item. It seems pretty neat. We would make a percentage based on the item thats sold. Each item varies of course.

Its a neat way of marketing, there is a monthly fee based on the type of account you choose. Lets see how the 'free' month goes.


No comments: