Thursday, July 12, 2012

It was hard but I managed to do it. I went on Vacation.

We had planned this trip back in May and it was a cruise so that meant no internet access.  Ok seriously we could have had it but decided against it. The ONE day we had back in the states I lost half my battery on my phone within an hour lol.


Yes I was very concerned because I tried to hire people and it didnt work out. The one gal I got is was to young in my opinion to leave at the store alone.  In the end I opted to have my sons and my mother help keep the store open during the week I was away. Was I worried? Of Course. Did everything run smoothly? It seemed to. 

Our cruise left from NY on Saturday and was to return the following Sunday with a single day in Port Canaveral, FL.  Once the ship left NY harbor that was the end of my internet access.  I had to trust my kids and my mom to run the store without my. I was concerned because my kids never came over the week  before and I didnt get a chance to really go over anything with them.  They knew how to pack and ship my products from my online store and they knew how to function the point of sale system for the physical store.  It was the customer service I was really concerned with.

When that one day in Port Canaveral arrived I turned on my phone even though my husband had suggested that I keep it off.  Within an hour the battery was half gone! I was online reviewing everything I could and then the phone calls started. It was like they could not function without calling me.   So yet again I was concerned but I could do nothing about it besides guide them over the phone. When we returned to the ship we were out of contact again for two more days.

Upon arrival everyone thought I should go to the store and see whats going on. But I actually decided against it. I did log in from home and checked emails, I replied to a few but that was it. Arriving at the store on Monday was tough. It was a long day and here I am three days later finally caught up on paperwork. From what I can tell it looks like everything worked out but I wont really know for sure for another few weeks when the buyers from last week get their items and complain. I hope it does not happen but one never knows.

No comments: