Thursday, October 11, 2012

Do you write reviews?

You can write a review for just about anything... a restaurant, hotel, park, resort, a product, a person... etc...

Let me tell you about the first time I officially wrote a review.

A few years back we were on a business trip in Ocean City, MD during November. It was our first time there and well I didn't research as much as I should have. Turns out this is a 'beach' town and during November more then half the town is closed. I think we stayed two nights, I dont remember, I actually still get updates from that hotel, lol.

It was about a 5 hour drive from NY so maybe we did stay two nights... any who.. we went to the Convention Center for an expo.  I was not crazy about the show, but what we do is attend the first day and take everything back. Then research and make decisions and return to the expo the following day.  I remember that night we struggled to locate a place to eat and thinking back now I should have asked the hotel clerk they may know.  We drove up and down the main drag and found only one place. It was a buffet type of place. We saw flashing signs outside that showed the price and it scrolled so fast all we saw was the price. So we went it and since it was empty we were seated right away.

The food was not impressive for the price posted outside but it was the only place open. When we were ready to leave they gave us the bill I almost died! It was more then the posted price outside. When I inquired I was told that price outside was for Thanksgiving and what we were charged was the going rate! The price posted outside said $18.95 PP while apparently the going rate was $29.95 PP.  Man I wanted to throw up! I tried to argue that its false advertising and all but they stood their ground and I was forced to pay, so disgusted I left and they chased me out to the parking lot!  I didnt sign the credit card slip and they said they would call the police if I didnt. Im not a confrontational person but this was horrible treatment and it was the first time I created an account on trip advisor and wrote my review.

Since then I have been writing reviews every time we go out.  Any hotel, restaurant or park I visit I write something even if its just a few lines. I am a top contributor on that site.  I have never given such a bad review since that one but this past week I had such a horrible experience I left a diner crying.  I have been contemplating writing a review for this place. Looking them up they have already accumulated quite a bit of bad reviews whats one more?

A friend of mine said I should be careful. Can they really find out who I am and try to stop me from going there? I honestly dont think I would show up there ever again anyway so what do I care?  Ill be writing a review shortly lol.

No comments: