Thursday, January 19, 2012

eBay buyers refusing a cancelation request?

How does one deal with this?

Well it does not happen often but sometimes I have a miscount, or something will sell in my physical store or in another market place and I forget to remove the listing from the other market place. Or it was swiped in our store. Its happen to all of us I am sure. For us this is usually the main reason for requesting a cancellation.

When it happens I email the buyer explaining that there was an error and we no longer have the item. I issue a refund and submit a cancellation request. Now the buyer got my message about the mistake and their money back! Im not one of those sellers that 'hold' their money until the accept the cancelation request. I have the most to lose since the buyer can say no to the request just to be mean and they can leave a negative mark for me.

If I did everything correct why would a buyer refuser my request?

Now the message says I have to complete the transaction with the buyer. How can I? Im a seller that buys wholesale and sells retail so I can obtain more. What sucks is that the item is on back order until the end of February! So does this order just sit in my 'awaiting' pile? I already refunded this person so I dont have their money so its actually 'awaiting payment' - should I send an invoice? Remove it from my list? Just leave it there until the end of next month?

What to do?

No comments: