Thursday, August 18, 2011

Orlando Gift Show and Cash and Carry Show August 2011

So we decided to venture out to Orlando to see if shows outside of our area would carry products we dont normally see in this area. We've been to expos in Boston, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, NYC and Ocean City. Ive notice they do tend to carry products for that area. The Ocean City show carried products for resorts - Ocean City is a beach town. Philadelphia and Boston carried products popular in the city... etc...


So I got a package from JetBlue that included Air, Car and Hotel.... we went for a long weekend. Our flight left Friday at 8AM and landed at 10:30AM - The show did not start until Saturday so we drove to universal studios and visited Island Of Adventures. We had a great time but were super tired. Saturday we head show at the Orlando Convention Center. The show was West wing, this place is HUGE! But it was easy to find.

Parking was $13 but the show reimbursed me for $5. The hall appeared small from above, the front half was not cash and carry but the back half was. We walked around first then made choices and walked back thru. There was A LOT of jewelry. Something Im picky on carrying... but I did find other things that were worth picking up at the show. A lot of low priced products were available but there were also a lot of sales people trying to get you to buy their products. I thought cash and carry was you buy and take it with you right? Well most of these people were selling single pieces and all. I have no idea if I was getting a deal for because there were not too many people buying by the dozen of in minimum orders.

Overall I was not impressed with the cash and carry part. I went back to the non cash and carry side and made a few purchases. Will I attend again in the winter? I dont think so unless I happen to be in the area already.

I hope the purchase I made will cover the cost of the trip.

No comments: